Tuesday, April 26, 2011

SIX- LIFT YOUR HEAD

SIX
Lift Your Head

Hello everyone! I have missed you and I have missed writing my adventures too. I have been in the battle so strong, so many things have been coming against me. But today I felt a breakthrough and I am writing again. In the past weeks I have experienced so many emotions and feelings. I have been crushed, pushed down, almost stopped, stomped on, betrayed, hurt, sad, disappointed and discouraged. But at the same time I have also had moments that I have felt unchanging love, kindness, deliverance, pure joy and rest. It has been such a contrast. Have any of you had a time like that in your lives? I feel like I'm in a missionary theme park!! And there are some rides I was forced on, that I did not want to experience. Well, the good thing is that I survived them. Of course, not on my own. Really, if I didn't have Jesus I don't know what I would do--- I would be BALD!! why? I would've pulled out all my hair right now in pure anguish.. BUT, I do have HIM, so I'm able to continue on in the battle, knowing he's with me all the way and my hair remains intact-- :)

I have 2 more weeks left in my dandy leg brace, and I can now bend my knee 60 degrees! It's been very uncomfortable, and I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in over a month! Even so I must continue doing what the Lord called me to do. He continues to show me the blessings of obedience. There is nothing more that I have wanted then to remain in my bed for all these weeks-- but as I " lifted my head" I knew the Lord would be my strength and wisdom. I have seen Him do miraculous things.
Just this past weekend we celebrated our Easter Banquet and Freedom Square. Through the pain it was amazing to see that we were blessed with the baptism of joy in the Holy Spirit! We sang and sang and we all felt happier then ever, from the church members, to the children, to the workers. There was such an outpouring of joy in the place, which meant everything to me. After experiencing so much pain, physical,emotional and spiritual, I could not believe I was surrounded by dozens of people experiencing such joy. I " lifted my head" and saw God's promises come true right in front of me. "You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness" Psalms 30:11. I saw the faithfulness of God once again. He is so good.
At the end of the day as we were just relaxing getting ready to close up one of our regular Freedom Square members Kolanji, invited his friend Nico to come inside. Kolanji is in his mid thirties and he has Aspergers. He's the most special person, and my sweet brother in Christ. I have seen him grow in his walk so amazingly. So, Kolanji brought Nico to the mission. Nico lives in a nearby squat, about 28 people live there, they call it communal living. Nico met Kolanji there as he went to a pot luck BBQ once months ago. Kolanji loves food, free food is his favorite! Hehe. At this pot luck there was food, but there was also tons of beer, liquor and weed. Kolanji told me about his evening there over and over. He told me that when he got home that night, he got on his knees and prayed for all the people there. Nico was one of the people there that he prayed for. Now Kolanji brought Nico to Freedom Square, and after talking to my husband,Nico stayed around and even helped to clean. I was informed that Nico was an atheist. As we were ready to close our day in prayer we all went around prayer, and behold who started praying? Nico, the atheist!! Wow! After his prayer Kolanji told him that he had gotten on his knees and prayed for him months ago. I " lifted my head" and saw and atheist pray to God and so is he and atheist anymore? No! Now we will water and plant in Nico's life, but only God gives the increase. So my brothers and sisters, today " lift your head" to the miracles small and great around you.. God is there-- " lift your head" and see that He is at the front of the battle, " lift your head" and see that He is leading you in green pastures, " lift your head" and see that He is listening to what you just prayed. And if all you can do is " lift your head" but for a moment, just know that He will never leave you nor forsake you!!! Even if you cant "lift your head" he promises to do it for you!
But You, O Lord, are a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
Psalms 3:3
How do I know this? I'm a living, breathing testimony to this! Ask me and I will tell you, there will not be enough hours in a day to tell you all He has done for me! " LIFT YOUR HEAD"

I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth"
Psalms 121 1&2

" When on an adventure always lift your head, you don't want to miss what's going on around you"
~ Cheers

2 comments:

  1. nico was an atheist???!!!! glory-glory!! i'm amazed yet again by God's wonder working power. WOOOWWW!!!

    ReplyDelete