Monday, March 28, 2011

FOUR - Rest in Bed and Weep

FOUR
Rest in Bed and Weep

Monday, Monday, How sweet you are! :)
Monday is usually my rest day. It's the day I pray, study, meditate and watch random movies on Netflix. I also eat too many snacks and nap in the middle of the day. Because of my crutches and my inability to move around today's plan was to stay in bed and rest, because I had such a full day yesterday. Can I just describe it as a full day? NO! I will call it a day full of miracles. I was asked to share a testimony at Times Square Church, during 6 pm service. My first reaction was- Oh no, impossible, I'm in pain, on crutches, I have a torn ligament. But then I checked my heart and I know God was leading me to do it, despite my circumstances. God took care of me all the way! I got a ride in to church, got a great seat with leg stretching abilities for the 3 pm service and was ready to share with a promise in my heart! As I shared the testimony of how my mom became a Christian about 7 months ago and her miraculous battle with cancer, I could feel my knee about to give out, it was trembling and I could feel super natural arms holding me up. God's grace is so precious! I was so blessed and touched to see that one of my oldest and friends parents (mom and dad) came to the altar to give their hearts to Christ. So, like I said, a day full of miracles! :)
So today Monday on my usual " Netflix " time I stumbled upon a documentary on North Korea. I mean I am up on current affairs and events, but this inside look at this country often referred to as " The Hermit Country" broke my heart. I was inspired to study and research later about Pastor Chun Ki Won, who has personally helped 700 people escape from North Korea. I also studied and read about our underground brothers and sisters in North Korea, who are persecuted and executed for their faith. Run over by steamrollers at times. The government has even set up mock underground churches to catch these people and send them to work camps, just like concentration camps. The largest of them just called "Number 22".
I wept for North Korea today for the people there that literally praise " Their Dear Leader" raising their hands in the same way we do to praise Jesus. I prayed for the Christians there and the young men whose picture I saw praying at a underground bible study.
I was reminded of what my former missions director and now friend Bettina once told me, if you don't know what to pray for, just look at a newspaper, God will show you. That phrase has always been dear to my heart. For me it's not that I don't know what to pray for, I just want to pray for what God wants me to pray for...
What does God want you to pray for today friend, a city, a neighborhood, a nation? Be open to His leading and direction. God will give you the wisdom on how to pray and you will have a sweet fellowship with Him as you intercede and He speaks to your heart.
~ let's not forget those who are on this adventure with us, and are suffering for their faith.
Cheers

3 comments:

  1. I saw that documentary, too [was it the National Geographic one??]... definitely affected me in a similar way. So great that you were able to share at TSC yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was JUST reading another blog on Kyria.com and the whole topic was on God and the news. It piqued my interest because until very recently I have been a very avid anti-news sympathizer. I though it was just a tool of the enemy to keep us depressed, anxious and feeling helpless about the state of affairs of the day. The writer, however, surmised that the news gives us the perfect opportunity to hear who in the world around us needs prayer and where, as Christians, direct access to our Father through His Holy Spirit can be oh so necessary. Via the news, we see where we can be of use in this modern age. Thanks for your confirmation of that Truth here, J :) And thanks for blessing our church with your testimony through the pain and strain! God bless! Love, Aja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola guapa; I have just given you an award. Check it out here:

    http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

    *Hope you are feeling better ;)

    ReplyDelete