Thursday, July 7, 2011

Eight- A Big Juicy Grape

Eight~
A Big Juicy Grape

Hello Everyone! Its been so long since my last post. But if i could i would have to take out time to write a book and a sequel with all that`s happened since the last time I wrote about my missionary adventures.The way that I could best describe my experience in the months that have just passed is like this. God decided that it was time for me to get a bib bunch of juicy grapes and so that i could see how wonderful and sweet those grapes are, He fed the to me one by one. Why? So that I could savor them and know His grace and goodness. How sweet He is. I will now go through some of the grapes in the bunch that i have decided to share.
Grape One- The Grape of Healing
After two months of suffering with a dislocated knee and experiencing some of the most excruciating pain i have ever known, i pressed on. I served in the missions field assigned to me and stayed in my post. Was it easy and fun? Not at all. There were days that i felt that the pain and the darkness would swallow me. and there were days when my prayer was just His name whispered in pain. Also the brace added to the discomfort, since it could not be removed, only for quick showers. I could not sleep right for almost two months, and if that doesn't make you cranky add pain, sadness and despair. I went t my Ortho Surgeon appointment ready to endure the pain of him twisting and prodding my knee till the tears ran down my face. This appointment was to decide when my surgery to repair my two torn ligaments would be. I closed my eyes when the doctor took off my cast. To my surprise ( and to the doctor`s and my husband) i had no pain at all!!! God had healed my knee! Just like that, God gave me the sweet gift of healing! What a juicy grape! Since that day i have been able to walk normally,go up and down stairs again,shop for the school feeding program,dance and play kickball! Amazing!God is still in the business of miracles, God heals! This urban missionary is a living breathing testimony of that.
Grape Two- The Grape of Help
After a long period of time, in which my core team has been the most amazing support at the ministry and we were diligent to do all the work together and joyfully. The Lord has blessed Freedom Square with help, with laborers. We have prayed for them and the Lord has sent them. And he has been faithful to send the ones who have the perfect heart for the work in Brooklyn. I am blessed to say that they all are not only prayer warriors, evangelists and worshipers but also creative,kind, full of humor and ideas. We are all prepared to pour our heart and lives for what we must do in Brooklyn. After many days of packing 100 snack bags for the schools a week just Richie, the kids and I,and praying for help. Its good to see that God heard our prayers, and right on time since we will now be packing 250 bags a week.Thank God for His listening ear, and for His faithfulness to send help when we need it. A sweet grape indeed! ( would it be too confusing to say that each new helper is like a sweet grape fro God?? hehehe.... Thank you Lord for my grapes The Hoglund Family,Will,Patrick,Vlad,Josh,Jacki,Isha and Eden)
Grape Three- The Grape of Answered Prayer
i went to visit my mom recently and saw hid my eyes answered prayed. I was able to love and care for her. As many of you know my mom just finished an intense battle with inflammatory breast cancer. But God allowed both her and me to rest in His promises, to that He is who He said He is and that He never leaves or nor forsakes us. My mom is healed, she will be able to see her grandchildren go through many more milestones in life. What an answered prayer! My Mom is healed from a disease that would have put her in the grave in 4 months flat. He gives life,He gives hope. He answers prayer!
Grape Four- The Grape of Joy
My friend Bonnie is one of the coolest people out there! She speaks her mind, is passionate and tender.And she shares my love for I love Lucy :) It has not been an easy time for her as she suffered a great loss in her family, and her son Brandon was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. How else can i describe it, but that my heart went into her heart. I saw no other answer but to pray and pray and pray. To trust God. I was overjoyed to hear of Brandon`s healing from cancer! He`s cancer free!! And the joy in my heart is amazing,I cant even imagine Bonnie`s joy!!! Keep on dancing Bonnie!! God has given you the grapes of joy,answered prayer and healing!!

Yum,Yum, Come and see that the Lord is good and his mercy endureth forever!

~ In any adventure we must always be aware that we have the right thing to eat, to keep us nourished and strong.What a sweet surprise to find in the road that The One who loves us the most had packed a sweet meal for us, without us even knowing!
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! What happened to your posting??

    http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete